Jun 7, 2009

Young and Vicious in Jerasulem

I guess I have to thank the Ohio River Life blog for making me aware of this nauseating piece of anti-Americanism, though it's done nothing to cheer me. Are these Yeats’s rough beasts slouching toward Bethlehem to be born? (Forgive any literati pretentiousness there). Out of concern for bandwith, I'll let you copy and paste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HteXjHh_V-U&NR=1

I’m working on “Judge not lest ye be judged.” Therefore, in an effort to restrain myself, I ask, “When I was young and drunk, or just young and stupid, did I say anything this vicious and brainless?” I’m as sure as I can be that the answer is no.

I wonder about the actual, personal causes for their inarticulate rage.

I wonder: maybe we could keep Gitmo open for brainless little nightingales to sing such wisdom.

They seem unaware that rage begets rage. Here's one response to the video above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHkXOrMp848&NR=1

What if the way to stop all this is to ignore it, and I'm doing just the opposite?

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Lovers' Lane