Feb 22, 2010

Banjos, a Few More Lines









I admit to pride at catching a pileated woodpecker, but see if you don't also think his inner motor is a banjo.

Thanks to Gothpunkuncle for broadening my banjo horizons. If you look at the first video, please take the time to let Eddie Peabody move from guitar to banjo. Things get livelier and a little comic. He appears to be much more of a showman than Saturday's Eddy Davis, but both are a great change of pace from what most of us listen to these days:

Dailymotion - Eddie Peabody - Strum Fun - une vidéo Musique

(Left: Ernie Evans of the Liberty Pike bluegrass band)

And in case anyone's forgotten one of the great movie scenes, here is Dueling Banjos from Deliverance.

YouTube - Dueling Banjos Deliverance

Of course you can't say banjo without saying Earl Scruggs, here with Steve Martin:

YouTube - Earl Scruggs & Steve Martin - Foggy Mountain Breakdown (Best



* *

2 comments:

PJ said...

I can't remember if I left a comment for this one. Prolly not, I got so busy with the background on the movie, I think it just slipped away. Strumming Eddie and his naughty girl were over the top for me. Where did you find that???

Banjo52 said...

Following Gothpunkuncle's lead, I found Eddie and Co. on plain old YouTube. What a wealth of stuff.

Lovers' Lane